- Bookmark This YouTube Channel That Teaches You How To Get Your Favorite Footballer’s Hair | KCKRS
- Can you guess which of these quotes came from the John Terry trial… and which came from Guy Ritchie movies?
I honestly could not guess for most of these.
- Canada delivers something worth remembering in London 2012 Olympics soccer semi-final loss to U.S
"Because the Olympics are at their best when they deliver the kind of performance that makes you call or text or email or tweet your friends to tell them to get to a TV, do it, do it now. We were waiting for the elation of watching an athlete like Sinclair deliver the kind of performance you’re not going to forget, that this country should love her for. And we were waiting for the part that hurt, for the anger and the regret, because it meant it mattered, really mattered."
- Olympic “Medal Count Map: London 2012 Totals By Country, Population, Wealth (INTERACTIVE MAP)
Ranking nations by total Olympic medals isn't really the best way to judge relative success at the London Olympics. Some countries have a lot more people — or a lot more money — than others. With 530 athletes representing the United States and just two in London on behalf of Somalia, context is important.”
- The ‘Yo, Is This Racist?’ Month in Racism for April: Our Token Black(face) Friend
"Which, when it comes down to it, is really the problem with all satire that re-creates racist behavior. In the best-case scenario, the message you communicate to the erudite audience who utterly "get it" is, at best, nothing more complex or noteworthy than "Hey, blackface is bad, homies, man, we used to be racist." That's it. The best you get out of the portrayal is a chance to state the (hopefully) completely obvious."
- Teenage Dread | Toronto Standard
“The marginalization of young female music fans”, specifically heavy metal fans bout might as well be about teenage girls who are fans of anything since they’re scorned for, you know, liking stuff.
- "They Won’t Magically Turn You Into A Lustful Cockmonster"
Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to the politician who is offended by an NFL player supporting it.
- The Smart Way to Chart | knitty.com
- 24 Vintage Photographs of Abe Lincoln Being Awesome – Mental Floss
- The Best of The Supremes on The Ed Sullivan Show – YouTube
- How To Pack Two Weeks in a Carry-On
- Northern Cities Vowel Shift: How Americans in the Great Lakes region are revolutionizing English. – Slate Magazine
"In 1972, three linguists, led by William Labov of the University of Pennsylvania, christened the phenomenon the Northern Cities Vowel Shift or, more simply, the Northern Cities Shift (NCS). What they observed may be the most important change in English pronunciation in centuries."