- Utopia in Decay: The Monuments of Yugoslavia
"Symbolizing the utopian vision of the former Yugoslavia, these Communist-era statues represented vision and hope toward the future. Now in a state of decay, the statues have come to symbolize a lost era of Communist regime."
- Girls on Film: Searching for Women in 2011, from January Through June – The Moviefone Blog
- txvoodoo: The (promised) Mega Kindle Info Post!
I don't have a Kindle but I'm sure this will be useful for someone.
- Geraldine Hoff Doyle, ‘Rosie the Riveter,’ dies at 86
- 2010 US Movie Box Office
Neat infographic showing box office returns across each week of 2010.
- List of inventors killed by their own inventions – Wikipedia
- The Bechdel test: it’s not about passing (The Hathor Legacy)
- The Dieline’s Top 100 Package Designs of 2010
- Dead Drops
"… is an anonymous, offline, peer to peer file-sharing network in public space. USB flash drives are embedded into walls, buildings and curbs accessable to anybody in public space. Everyone is invited to drop or find files on a dead drop. Plug your laptop to a wall, house or pole to share your favorite files and data. Each dead drop is installed empty except a readme.txt file explaining the project."
- Geektress I Need The Blast Doors Closed, Pa-Rum-Pa-Pum-Pum
"David Ancell's wife came up with a way to make Darth Vader, Boba Fett, and Clone trooper snowflakes. The instructions are here, along with templates. When I saw these I got so excited I forgot what I was doing. I dropped everything to use my Christmas Stormtrooper spatula (which my mother got for me but didn't bother wrapping, just stuck in my tree) to make classic Star Wars decorations."