Feminism / Sexism
- Say Hello to Your Friends. | Lady T: Funny Feminist
"So many books aimed at tween and teen girls focus overwhelmingly on boys, clothes, makeup, boys, popularity, gossip, and boys. The Baby-sitters Club deals with all of those topics, but it’s a fourth or fifth priority after baby-sitting, friendship, Important Social Issues (The More You Know…), and Learning Things."
- The “Sexy Black Eye” and Its Ugly Relatives (Trigger Warning) » Sociological Images
"As much as I’m bored of seeing women appear to be beaten, sick, or dead in fashion spreads, it also really feels like we must hate them. Why else? Why else this constant glorification of their abuse?"
Big trigger warnings for some awful images.
- 50 Shades and Abusive Relationships
"The following 'red flags' are from a hand out entitled 'Universal Red Flags' taken from a book called How To Spot A Dangerous Man. The instructions read: 'Check all the following that apply even if only remotely'. Let me share the ones I checked on Ana's behalf."
- The 2012 European Championships: A historical reflection. | The Footy Blog
This is a pretty good review of the tournament.
- Sorry, Mario Balotelli Didn’t Really Make This German Fan Cry: How TV Lied To You During Euro 2012
"Don't blame [...] the other hundreds of channels that had won the regional broadcasting rights around the world. They merely aired the streaming live signal from UEFA—which on multiple occasions goosed the live footage by adding prerecorded shots, with zero acknowledgement."
- Brazilian Side Vitoria Plan To Play In Bloodstained Shirts | KCKRS
"Brazilian club Vitoria, who usually play in red and black, will instead wear black and white hoops, filling up the white with red as goals in the club’s blood drive are reached."
- Graffiti Artist Turns A Bridge Into Realistic LEGO Street Art – DesignTAXI.com
- Higgs boson and Comic Sans: the perfect fusion | guardian.co.uk
"There is outrage on Twitter over CERN's use of Comic Sans on presentation slides. But if ever there was an announcement that needed to be made in an easy-to-read font, it's this one"
- No-Heat & Low-Heat: 20 Refreshing Recipes for Hot Summer Days Recipe Roundup | The Kitchn
- Sweets Without Heat: 25 Cool & Scrumptious No-Bake Summer Desserts Recipe Roundup | The Kitchn