- Surprise Jeff Goldblum is a surprise!
- Not sure how taking a job in Manhattan that pays half of what you made in New Jersey enables you to move into a decent sized apartment on the island. Despite having never lived in New York, I still have an ongoing hatred for suspiciously large New York apartments. See also: P.S. I Love You. (Actually, don’t.)
- I think this might be falling under the “Romantic Comedy” category but the romantic subplot is just that — a subplot. It’s more of a sidenote in Becky’s life than a focus on any level, so that’s refreshing.
- I think Rachel McAdams should do some more comedy. I enjoyed her in this.
- I didn’t realise how much I disliked Diane Keaton in things recently until I didn’t hate her in this.
- Harrison Ford, on the other hand… playing the crochety old guy is only fun if you can act, and I haven’t been convinced in the last ten years that Ford is actually capable of this. I know, it’s a sacrilege to say this about the man who played both Han Solo and Indiana Jones, but I stand by this position. I’m not buying the gruff cantankerous act.
- I really loved Becky’s dress at the end when she goes for her Today Show interview.
- Patrick Wilson. That is all.
- It’s predictable and fluffy and goofy, but inoffensively so. Sometimes that’s all I ask.
Categories: 2.5 Stars